marți, 15 iunie 2010

Every journey needs a destination

In the last 5 years within my work in AIESEC there has been one word that I oftenly found to bring joy, hard work or 1000 feelings associated with it. Goals, also know as targets, objectives, the bottom line are so much part of our proffesional life as a compass is part of the life of an explorer.
Reflecting on my experience with goals I have often used them in each of the roles I took to set destinations from my journey, to struggle and to give my best to achieve them. It is trully fortunate and reassuring to have something to reach for, to always know if you are on the right track and be able to know how far you are from your goals.
Lately I have trully realized that life has two sides. It doesn't gravitate all around my proffesional life in which I have immersed myslef into for the last years. Looking at my personal life which I have chosen to put first for the following year I have rarely enjoyed the benefits of having goals. Things for myself for which I strive so that at the end of the day I am a better man and more fulfilled.
Next year I have chosen to walk two journeys, one as President of AIESEC in Ireland and the other one just as Vladutz. For Vladutz till the 1st of July 2011 I will:

1) Learn how to dance
2) Learn to speak Spanish
3) Learn how to cook
4) Keep myself fit
5) Visit 20 countries

Here goes! No point in beeing afraid of failure as even if I don't get there I will have had a great journey and learnings for other ones. Its test of my ability to organize myself, my determination and ambition to measure myself against myself.
If at the end of the day it's all only for the better. What's to stop me to put a destination on my life?Map the jourey to get there taking control of both my proffesional and personal life.

29 de comentarii:

Ale spunea...

bine Vladutz!!!

溫淑芬 spunea...
Acest comentariu a fost eliminat de administratorul blogului.
林怡洋 spunea...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。.................................................................

Alexandra spunea...

Spanish is not that hard to learn, about visiting 20 countries, I can say you're about to do it:P
Anda can teach you both - how to cook and dance, and you can go for a run at nights, so things should stay fit :))

You forgot the most important part, though. Vladutz to remain Vladutz.

Good luck with Ireland! I'll be visiting sooner than you guys expect, mwhaha!

Take care of yourself and of your team.

Always Circular Smiling.

許紀廷 spunea...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。.................................................................

秋娥秋娥 spunea...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

函松函松 spunea...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

育隆 spunea...

噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。.................................................................

許紀廷 spunea...

People throw stones only at trees with fruit on them.............................................................

spunea...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤............................................................

俊成俊成 spunea...

Fancy may kill or cure...................................................

楊儀卉 spunea...

來給你加油打氣!!!保重!!!..................................................................

陳璇竹陳璇竹 spunea...

Seeing is believing.百聞不如一見............................................................

蔡靜芳蔡靜芳 spunea...

生命的意義,是在於活的充實;而不是在於活得長久。......................................................

吳淑芬吳淑芬 spunea...

臨淵羨魚,不如退而結網。.......................................................

佳劉樺佳劉樺 spunea...

Necessity is the mother of invention..................................................................

凱許倫 spunea...

道歉是人類一定必要的禮節..................................................

則V哲維治 spunea...

今夜星光多美好~祝你快樂~~~~............................................................

惠宛佳桂 spunea...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

吳沛黃以富民 spunea...

不要去想沒拿到的東西,多想想自己手裡所擁有的..................................................

偉曹琬 spunea...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

宋張建宇瑞正 spunea...

這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊!......................................................................

恩宛玲如 spunea...

路過留言支持~~~..................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 spunea...

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落..................................................................

1615 spunea...

如果你批評他人。你就沒有時間付出愛......................................................................

Falvo spunea...

Buna ziua, dorim sa va facem o propunere comerciala! Daca sunteti interesat trimiteti un e-mail la office@falvorotarybids.ro

Iulian Boia spunea...

Salve!

Cum stai cu trackingul pe obiective? :)

Numai bine!

Iulian

liana spunea...

nice...

Ady spunea...

Buna ziua,

Ma iertati ca va deranjez .Vin cu rugamintea la d-voastra sa scrieti un articol pe blogul d-voastra si sa distribuiti mai departe pe facebook despre mama mea, Gabriela Tudorache care este foarte bolnava . Este diagnosticata cu meningiom , o tumoare cerebrala care i-a afectat vederea si trebuie sa se opereze cat mai repede la o clinica din Germania unde ni se cere 35 000 EUR plus cheltuieli de cazare si transport .

Viata si vederea ei depind de aceasta operatie , iar mie si fratelui meu ne este foarte greu sa o vedem cum indura zilnic cumplitele dureri de cap si ametelile .Timpul nu ne permite sa asteptam si va rugam sa scrieti un articol despre cazul ei . Mai multe detali le gasiti pe http://gabrielatudorache.blogspot.com/. Sau ne puteti contacta la nr de tel. 0724342082. Va rugam , daca sunteti de acord sa ne lasati si un raspuns .
Va multumesc din inima pentru sprijinul acordat.

dumitru_gabriela31@yahoo.com